Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ode to Joy. Otherwise known as a Good Book.


Oh books, how I miss you. I miss the escape into the unknown that you offer every time I turn the page. I miss dreading the beginning of the last chapter of a great book. I miss living in another persons shoes for a couple of hours. I miss the drama, mystery, suspense, laughter...I could go on and on in this mushy tribute. One of these days, we'll meet again.

The point of all this. I MISS READING!!! But I'm so tired I can barely finish.............................................................................................................................................................

Ok. So when Natalie starts sleeping more at night, I'll start reading again. Then you'll all have to suffer through another tribute to books, and my triumphant return to reading in bed at night without drooling on the pages.

1 comment:

kim west said...

i feel the exact same way. We should get together and read. yeah right. We would get about two pages in and start talking about something and out beloved books would be thrown to the wasteside. It would be okay..i miss books but I miss you more!