Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We Beat The Odds


It's a GIRL! And we couldn't be more excited! I honestly didn't think that we would ever have a girl. And I had made my peace with that! Boys are fun! And Lucas turned out pretty dang cute! Lucas is all boy, through and through. He loves to run, jump, throw things, play in the dirt...all the snails and puppy dog stuff that boys are made of. I love it! And that's not to say that our little girl won't love the same sort of things. But at least I can put her in a dress every once in a while! Oh, and the shopping will be so much easier!!! All you moms with boys know exactly what I'm talking about. The two racks of boy clothes to 30 for girls...gets pretty frustrating!

6 comments:

emily said...

SO exciting!! Congratulations!! Girls are fun - and pink!! ooo i can't wait to meet her!

Judy said...

We are just grinning ear to ear! Shopping shopping shopping shopping is on the horizon. But believe me, we won't spoil this little girl ONE BIT! And I vote for the same name that you do! The initials are even great - for classy, as befits my first little granddaughter!
LOVE YOU!!!

Judy said...

That was supposed to be SO classy, not for classy. Silly machine.

janabigelow said...

So not fair! I end up with three boys and no girls and you get one of each! Congrats! Hope you have fun dressing her up!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So I just have to say that all along I thought it would be a girl, but I didn't want to jinx it, so I never said anything. Except I told your mom and James when we ran into them a few weeks ago at the farmers market! Happy shopping!

Cindy said...

Jenni!! you mom told me about your exciting news!! I havent responded to her yet...but I will!!!! I am so happy for you. But I will agree that boys are great fun. I'd much rather raise a gaggle of boys than girls. So when is your due date??