Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almost Done!

Over the past few weeks, Jake and I have had our house in a pretty much constant state of "almost done-ness". And today, we got even more almost-doner. I have been so worried lately about what things have needed to get done before the baby gets here. I think this is my subconscious way of knowing that the last 4 weeks or so, I'm not going to be doing much. So when I lay down on the couch at night, I can't thoroughly enjoy my laziness if there are toys covering the entire floor in the living room, laundry that needs to be folded, or the downstairs bathroom needing to be cleaned. Not that I would get up and move off the couch, but I think about it! And thinking about it makes me unable to fully relish in my state of beached whale. But I digress. We have been moving things around and organizing like crazy. And today, we got so much done that I can sit here and think about what progress has been made and not feel guilty while I lay on the couch eating chips and salsa. And tums.
Oh, I would like to send a shout-out to the laundry fairy that made it possible for me to finish the last load with just the right amount of detergent dregs left in the bottle that it was funny, and possibly providential. No more laundry for me tonight!
And an even bigger thank you to Jake for putting up with me while I make him organize, scrub dishes because my back hurts, and generally live with me right now. You have no idea how much your coming home every night means to me!

2 comments:

janabigelow said...

Yeah I am sure you will probably end up having your baby before me anyway! I am not sure knowing makes it any easier! I am scared to do all this again and I just het more nervous everyday it gets closer!

Cindy said...

Hey Jen, I havent been to visit your blog for a while! I cant believe you're gunna have a baby in a week!!! How exciting!! I bet grandma is excited!!! My how time flies!!!