Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hello. Is It Me You're Looking For?

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a while. Ok, in a long time. But life just keeps on moving! Even though I wish on a star every night that for a few precious hours life would just halt and I could get some much needed sleep, it never does. Oh well. Such is Life! The capital L in Life is there for a reason. Now, Life is noun. Life pulls me in every direction. Life who cries in the middle of the night to be fed. Life who spills chocolate milk in the living room and oh so sweetly tells me "ah oh mommy, I spilled choccutt meelk". This is the Life that gives me the sweetest kisses in the whole world, that gives me the best hugs, the best smiles, the most love anyone could feel for another person. And while I sometimes feel like Life if walking me instead of the other way around, I love both of my little Life's -- whom I wouldn't trade for another life in a million years.

We went to San Diego with our family the first week of October, and had a blast! Both kids were awesome on all four, yes that's right, four airplanes. Lucas loved the beach so much he stills asks me if we can go on an airplane and go to the beach. He would walk around with a little shovel, scoop some sand, walk a few steps and scoop up some more. He loved to play in the ocean and could have lived there. Natalie was as perfect as ever. Truly, she was absolutely perfect. She never stopped smiling. Wherever we went, there was a wake of smiles and coos at the beautiful baby as we walked past. I never got tired of hearing flight attendants and strangers remark at how beautiful and well behaved my baby was. We went to the Wild Animal Park and Sea World, and both were really fun. But the beach is what will stay in all our minds and keep us longing to go back.











1 comment:

kim west said...

i love you. i miss you. I wish life would stop and give me two minutes to shoot you an e=mail. I would even give up valuable sleeping time to talk to you.